Referrals are the life blood of any diagnostic facility. If your Referring Providers and their staff are frustrated with the unreliability and unpredictability of faxes when sending orders to your facility, it behooves you to seek out better alternatives or risk losing those referrals altogether to a competitor.
Portals, although useful in theory, are generally not practical for a referring practice. They require double data entry – once in their EMR and then again in your Portal.
EMR Integration would be a great alternative, but it is expensive and may only be an option worth considering for a practice with significant referral value.
Demands from our clients for a better alternative prompted us to build Orders Caddy.
- It eliminates double data entry for referring providers.
- It’s easier and more reliable than faxing.
- Provides opportunities to better integrate orders into your workflow
Please take a moment to review this video that our clients use to communicate the solution to their clients.
Once these orders are delivered to your facility electronically, there are various options for your staff to work these orders:
- Orders are always available on a portal.
- Orders can also be dropped as PDF or tif files to a folder in your facility.
- Orders can also be printed to a printer in your facility automatically in case you require a hard copy
- Orders can be converted from “Print to HL7” to send these orders into your RIS/LIS electronically.
Orders Caddy Use Cases
Different clients have found different opportunities to add efficiency to their workflow through Orders Caddy. Some of these common use cases are:
- Receiving Orders from EMRs via Caddy rather than fax
- Order is received via HL7 but a copy of the chart for Clinical History is being received through the Caddy to tap into information that cannot be sent through HL7.
- Orders are being submitted through Orders Caddy and then additional supporting clinical documentation is sent after the fact also through Orders Caddy. Orders Caddy is then able to assemble the attachments with the order presenting a cohesive view to the Receiving Facility.
- Documentation for Pre-Auth and Pre-Certs is being sent through the Orders Caddy to the Pre-Auth Coordinators at the Diagnostic Center.
To discuss your requirements or for a deeper dive into the solution, please schedule a call with a product specialist today!